This case study of Rich.com is based on a June 2017 survey of Global Software, Inc. customers by TechValidate, a 3rd-party research service.
The following reported pain points prior to implementing Atlas led Rich.com to evaluate and ultimately select Global Software, Inc.:
- Rekeying data from Microsoft Dynamics into spreadsheets
- Manual, multi-step reporting processes
- Lack of access to real-time information
- Heavy reliance on IT to create or edit reports
- Creating reports in a timely manner
- Lack of data accuracy and/or validity
Used Atlas for reporting beyond Financials/GL in the following areas:
Chose Atlas over the following tool:
- An Excel Add-in
Experienced the following benefits as a result of Atlas:
- The removal of disparate static excel sheets
- Streamlined report creation
- Improved data accuracy
- Users being able to create their own reports, and less dependence on IT
Streamlined the following processes by using Atlas:
- Extracting data from Dynamics / relational database
- Sharing of reports / dashboards with the team or management
- Reporting outside the GL, such as Inventory, Manufacturing, Sales, Purchasing, Projects, etc.
- Data migration / upload
Gained the ability to do the following by using Atlas:
- Identify incorrectly allocated funds and/or duplicate invoices due to reporting errors
- Direct initiatives based on findings in reports
- Centralize reporting practices
- Gain Data Validation capability
- Increase the ability to complete tactical, complex analysis
- Increase time savings
Freed up over 300 hours in one year throughout their organization by using Atlas for reporting.
Freed up over 300 hours in one year throughout their organization by using the data migration/upload functionality within Atlas.
Source: Paul Xue, IT Specialist, Rich.com
Published: Jun. 14, 2017 TVID: 58E-C80-25F
Microsoft Dynamics AX