This case study of Stephen F. Austin State University is based on a February 2017 survey of Global Software, Inc. customers by TechValidate, a 3rd-party research service.
Spreadsheet Sever has allowed me to create custom reports that are interactive due to the software’s ability to automatically update data intensive spreadsheets with each variable change. This provides a powerful analytical tool.
Struggled with the following reporting tasks before implementing Spreadsheet Server:
- Accessing applicable data
- Re-keying data from the ERP system into spreadsheets
- Manual, multi-step reporting processes
- Their lack of access to real-time information
- Heavy reliance on IT to create or edit reports
- Difficulty creating specific education reports in a timely manner
- Standardizing reports
- Organization required 25% of their IT support and/or ERP resources.
The key features and functionalities of Global Software’s Spreadsheet Server that the surveyed organization uses:
- Financial aid, tuition, loans, and expense data
- Budgets and forecasts
- Costs/cost report audits
- Annual audits (financials and footnotes)
- Board reporting
In addition to Financials/GL, the organization uses Spreadsheet Server for reporting:
- Financial aid, tuition, loans, expense data
The surveyed organization achieved the following results with Global Software’s Spreadsheet Server.:
- Saved 100-200 reporting hours per year after implementing Spreadsheet Server.
- Increased employee workload by 25% with Spreadsheet Server.
- Automated 50-100 reports with Spreadsheet Server.
Source: Jacob Seamans, Accountant, Stephen F. Austin State University.
Published: Feb. 21, 2017 TVID: 969-ABD-DA6
Stephen F. Austin State University