Atlas for Microsoft Dynamics AX
Revolutionize the way you access your Dynamics AX data
Built for all AX versions: AX4, AX 2009, AX 2012 and Dynamics 365
Design, build, and share real-time reports in Excel
By providing access to live data from Microsoft Dynamics AX, Atlas enables users to create powerful reports and presentations without leaving Excel. These reports simplify complex information that would normally be scattered throughout multiple sources, and save valuable time and resources by eliminating cumbersome re-keying or downloading of data.
- Plug and play – Build more powerful reports in the familiarity of Excel within minutes. Bring data together from different areas of Dynamics or from a variety of other relational databases into presentation quality reports suitable for Office 365 or Power BI.
- Refresh on demand - Refresh one or more Atlas workbooks in the background and continue using Excel. Schedule to have up-to-date Atlas reports when you need them, or refresh on the fly.
- Seamlessly blend business data with Office documents - Atlas is completely integrated with the Office environment. Use Atlas to insert live data from Microsoft Dynamics AX in any document, including financial reports, contracts, PowerPoint presentations, letters, and emails.
- Drill down with the Atlas Sidebar - The Atlas Sidebar allows users to gain a deeper understanding of reports by offering additional lookup and drill-down features. Get better insight into what’s driving the numbers that matter most to your business, and always make the right call when it counts.
- Save time by saving templates – Frequently used report definitions can be saved and reused later, saving hours of manual processes. These snippets can be organized into libraries and shared with team members to further boost productivity.
- Anytime, Anywhere. Data that’s always within reach. - Publish your Atlas reports to Office 365, OneDrive and Power BI, giving you access to your most valuable data from anywhere, anytime.
Organize a workflow
Prioritize tasks and form a batch, and execute templates in the order specified. You can use this feature to automate dependent workflows without changing permissions already set by the host system.
Leverage powerful journal features
Atlas provides a journal feature to simplify interaction with your Dynamics 365 system. Journals are validated and inserted using the same mechanisms you’d use in AX directly. Use the Atlas journal function to:
- Load opening balances, open sales and purchasing orders, and view asset balances
- Load budget transactions into a new model
- Load data from an external system and enter it in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations
Complement your Power BI experience
Atlas streamlines your Power BI experience by providing one toolset to control all the parameters relating to your data and the way you would like it to be presented.
Atlas uses access rights and business logic from the host system to ensure the right information is available to the right individuals.
Atlas is used by 4,500+ customers all over the world...
Case Studies & Articles
View a listing of Technical Requirements for Atlas for Microsoft Dynamics AX.