Spreadsheet Server for use with CGI Advantage® ERP
Live Government Financial & Operational Reporting for CGI Advantage ERP
CGI Advantag is a versatile ERP system designed to meet the specific needs of state and local governments. Spreadsheet Server complements CGI Advantage by providing an intuitive environment for dynamic Excel-based reporting and automation.
Live Access to Your CGI Advantage ERP Data Right Within Excel
Optimize your government financial and operational with Spreadsheet Server:
- Increase productivity – Significantly reduce the time spent on routine tasks, such as closing books, allowing users to accomplish more
- Leverage your skills – Leverage the Excel skills you already possess when preparing your institution's reports
- The sky is the limit – Design simple workbooks to dashboard views of CGI Advantage ERP data with Spreadsheet Server
- Access any data – Gather information from multiple databases simultaneously in the same Excel worksheet
- Drill-down to details – Automatically drill-down to invoice level views
- Ace decision-making – Replace downloading, re-keying and manual manipulation of CGI Advantage ERP balance or transaction level data, revealing better insight
- Free up IT – No need to rely on IT to produce or modify reports
- Narrative reporting – Allow automatic generation of pre-formatted Excel reports in Word, PDF or HTML format
- Less stressful deployment – Quick-start, single installation for CGI Advantage ERP users
No Staging Area or Data Warehouse
A data warehouse, data cube, server or staging is not necessary to run Spreadsheet Server.
Security with Spreadsheet Server
Spreadsheet Server uses existing organization-level security from your CGI Advantage ERP.
QueryDesigner, a component of the Spreadsheet Server platform, enables users to design and maintain queries over CGI Advantage ERP or any other relational database. Interact with data using pre-built queries or customize with the help of QueryDesigner to design the exact queries your government institution needs.
Existing Business Intelligence Tool?
Your existing BI tool works side-by-side with Spreadsheet Server. In fact, 50% of our clients in over 50 different countries use leading BI tools in tandem with our Excel automation tools.
Spreadsheet Server is used by 4500+ customers all over the world...
|Windows 7 (32-bit)||Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)|
|Excel 2010 (32-bit)||Excel 2016 (32-bit or 64-bit)|
|Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1||Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1|
|Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office|
|Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010|
|Oracle EBS R11****||Oracle EBS R12****|
|JDE World*****||JDE EnterpriseOne 9*****|
|SAP R/3 Netweaver 7.0/ECC6***||SAP R3 Netweaver 7.0/ECC6***|
|IBM iSeries Access for Windows V7R1*||IBM iSeries Access for Windows V7R1 or higher|
|VPN Connection to the Database******||Nightly Backup of Data******|
- * if using the iSeries
- ** if using SAP classic ledgers (FI,CO,COOR,PCA)
- *** if using Spreadsheet Server QueryDesigner, NewGL, Designer GL's or custom Queries against SAP
- **** if using Oracle EBS
- ***** if using JD Edwards ERP
- ****** if using MRI cloud or MRI off-premise environments
Global SmartCache WRT (With Redis Technology)
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012.
- 4 Processor Cores (physical and/or logical)
- 4 GB free disk space
- 4 GB installed memory on 32-bit systems
- 6 GB installed memory on 64-bit systems
- If Redis is running on the same server, 2 GB of free memory on 32-bit systems and 4 GB free memory on 64-bit systems
For all ERPs based in cloud or off-premise environments, a VPN connection/tunnel to the database or a nightly, directly accessible backup of data is required to use Spreadsheet Server.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Spreadsheet Server require a Server?
No, there is no additional hardware required to implement Spreadsheet Server.
Will I need a data warehouse for Spreadsheet Server?
No, there is no data warehouse or additional hardware required.
Do I need training? How long is training?
Yes, if users are familiar with Excel, they will need minimal training to use Spreadsheet Server. No programming or query knowledge is necessary. Users simply utilize the standard Excel spreadsheet capabilities supplemented with simple cell formulas to gain access to their dynamic financial information.
Can I do reporting beyond the GL?
Yes, please inquire about our ad hoc capabilities and other components in our Excel Automation Roadmap (i.e. Enterprise Budgeting, etc).
Is this a Business Intelligence tool? What if I already have a BI tool?
Spreadsheet Server is a multi-faceted application it serves many causes and can address multiple reporting challenges both tactical in nature as well enterprise wide. If you already have a BI strategy in place then Spreadsheet Server provides that tactical compliment to the leading BI tools (i.e. Cognos, Business Objects, Hyperion, etc). In fact, over 83% of Global Software Inc.'s 5,000+ clients in 50 countries use Spreadsheet Server harmoniously with their existing BI solution. If your organization doesn’t have a conventional proprietary BI offering and doesn’t have the resource to purchase, implement, maintain a data warehouse/cubes, non-Excel-based solution, etc. or doesn’t see that as partof your grand reporting strategy then Spreadsheet Server can provide an economical quick time to deployment, intuitive interface (Excel-based) all while leveraging its Dynamic Spreadsheet Methodology (DSM) without staging areas and data warehousing across your organization’s enterprise.
Where do I find which versions of my ERP are supported?
We support most worldwide ERP systems, but you may contact us directly regarding your specific needs.
What is the difference between this tool and my current reporting strategy?
Every reporting environment is different, however most prospective users we encounter are either using a data warehouse that reflects yesterday's data, manually rekeying data or have an IT maintain the current reporting environment exclusively. With our application(s) users are empowered to be self-sufficient while accessing 'live' data in a secure environment.
I've invested significant time in my current reporting strategy, will I lose reports I have already created?
No, Spreadsheet Server is compatible with any Excel reports already developed.
Can Spreadsheet Server be used for CAFR Generation?
Absolutely. Spreadsheet Server completely automates the process of CAFR Generation.