Spreadsheet Server for use with Davisware ERP
Unite the power of Davisware ERP and Spreadsheet Server
Davisware GlobalEdge and S2KVision ERPs serve the HVAC, plumbing, manufacturing, contracting, service, and distribution markets, among others. Spreadsheet Server works as a complement to Davisware by seamlessly retrieving financial and operational reporting data and dynamically delivering it in real time to Microsoft Excel.
Enhance your Davisware GlobalEdge and S2KVision reporting process
Spreadsheet Server provides the reporting enhancement needed for Davisware ERP users to achieve increased ROI, make strategic business decisions quickly and leverage real-time access to data. Spreadsheet Server delivers:
- A user-friendly environment - Users are generally very familiar and comfortable with Microsoft Excel, which is used in 98% of all reporting, budgeting, and analysis applications
- Time and resource savings - Leverage the live access to Davisware ERP data to remove inaccuracies and make existing reporting processes more efficient
- Drill-down - Review details of account balances, transactions, and journal entry information
- Auditability - With a solution that delivers Davisware data directly from the source, there’s less of a need for multiple linked cells, workbooks, and spreadsheets, making the auditing process more intuitive and secure
- Reports in any format - Automatically generate pre-formatted Excel reports in Word, PDF or HTML format
- A tactical implementation - Able to be deployed in hours with very minimal IT resources required
No Warehouse Required
No staging area, servers or data warehouse are needed to run Spreadsheet Server. Our application pulls live Davisware reporting data directly.
Your data is safeguarded with Spreadsheet Server
Spreadsheet Server leverages Davisware security specifically defined throughout your application allowing peace of mind.
A key component of the Global Software platform, QueryDesigner has the power to translate database queries into formulas used to create interactive Excel worksheets. QueryDesigner can be simultaneously connected to multiple databases and return live data from different sets into the same Excel worksheet.
Already have a Business Intelligence tool? No problem!
Spreadsheet Server works hand-in-hand with other BI tools in use. Spreadsheet Server has the capability to provide live access to your data within Excel, without needing a data warehouse, for when you need it most.
Spreadsheet Server is used by 4500+ customers all over the world...
|Windows 7 (32-bit)||Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)|
|Excel 2010 (32-bit)||Excel 2016 (32-bit or 64-bit)|
|Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1||Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1|
|Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office|
|Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010|
|Oracle EBS R11****||Oracle EBS R12****|
|JDE World*****||JDE EnterpriseOne 9*****|
|SAP R/3 Netweaver 7.0/ECC6***||SAP R3 Netweaver 7.0/ECC6***|
|IBM iSeries Access for Windows V7R1*||IBM iSeries Access for Windows V7R1 or higher|
|VPN Connection to the Database******||Nightly Backup of Data******|
- * if using the iSeries
- ** if using SAP classic ledgers (FI,CO,COOR,PCA)
- *** if using Spreadsheet Server QueryDesigner, NewGL, Designer GL's or custom Queries against SAP
- **** if using Oracle EBS
- ***** if using JD Edwards ERP
- ****** if using MRI cloud or MRI off-premise environments
Global SmartCache WRT (With Redis Technology)
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012.
- 4 Processor Cores (physical and/or logical)
- 4 GB free disk space
- 4 GB installed memory on 32-bit systems
- 6 GB installed memory on 64-bit systems
- If Redis is running on the same server, 2 GB of free memory on 32-bit systems and 4 GB free memory on 64-bit systems
For all ERPs based in cloud or off-premise environments, a VPN connection/tunnel to the database or a nightly, directly accessible backup of data is required to use Spreadsheet Server.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Spreadsheet Server require a Server?
No, there is no additional hardware required to implement Spreadsheet Server.
Will I need a data warehouse for Spreadsheet Server?
No, there is no data warehouse or additional hardware required.
Do I need training? How long is training?
Yes, if users are familiar with Excel, they will need minimal training to use Spreadsheet Server. No programming or query knowledge is necessary. Users simply utilize the standard Excel spreadsheet capabilities supplemented with simple cell formulas to gain access to their dynamic financial information.
Can I do reporting beyond the GL?
Yes, please inquire about our ad hoc capabilities and other components in our Excel Automation Roadmap (i.e. Enterprise Budgeting, etc).
Is this a Business Intelligence tool? What if I already have a BI tool?
Spreadsheet Server is a multi-faceted application it serves many causes and can address multiple reporting challenges both tactical in nature as well enterprise wide. If you already have a BI strategy in place then Spreadsheet Server provides that tactical compliment to the leading BI tools (i.e. Cognos, Business Objects, Hyperion, etc). In fact, over 83% of Global Software Inc.'s 5,000+ clients in 50 countries use Spreadsheet Server harmoniously with their existing BI solution. If your organization doesn’t have a conventional proprietary BI offering and doesn’t have the resource to purchase, implement, maintain a data warehouse/cubes, non-Excel-based solution, etc. or doesn’t see that as partof your grand reporting strategy then Spreadsheet Server can provide an economical quick time to deployment, intuitive interface (Excel-based) all while leveraging its Dynamic Spreadsheet Methodology (DSM) without staging areas and data warehousing across your organization’s enterprise.
Where do I find which versions of my ERP are supported?
We support most worldwide ERP systems, but you may contact us directly regarding your specific needs.
What is the difference between this tool and my current reporting strategy?
Every reporting environment is different, however most prospective users we encounter are either using a data warehouse that reflects yesterday's data, manually rekeying data or have an IT maintain the current reporting environment exclusively. With our application(s) users are empowered to be self-sufficient while accessing 'live' data in a secure environment.
I've invested significant time in my current reporting strategy, will I lose reports I have already created?
No, Spreadsheet Server is compatible with any Excel reports already developed.
Can Spreadsheet Server be used for CAFR Generation?
Absolutely. Spreadsheet Server completely automates the process of CAFR Generation.
View a listing of Technical Requirements for Spreadsheet Server for use with Davisware ERP.
View Frequently Asked Questions for Spreadsheet Server for use with Davisware ERP.