Spreadsheet Server for Banner and Colleague ERP by Ellucian
Real-Time Higher Education Financial and Operational Reporting Tool for Ellucian's Banner and Colleague ERP's
Banner and Colleague ERPs by Ellucian stand out as one of the leaders in higher education. Spreadsheet Server provides the link to critical Banner or Colleague data.
Live Access to Your Ellucian Banner and Colleague ERP Data Right within Excel
Enhance your reporting structure to manage all areas of higher education reporting with Spreadsheet Server:
- Save time – Significantly reduce the time spent on financial and operational reporting tasks, such as closing your books
- You've Got Skills - Leverage the Excel skills you already possess when preparing reports
- Create any report with ease - Users can design of simple workbooks or dashboard views of Banner and Colleague data
- Narrative Reporting Feature - Automatically generate pre-formatted Excel reports in Word, PDF or HTML format
- Make better business decisions – Replace downloading, re-keying or manual manipulation of Banner balance or transaction level data with better insights into your institution
- Free up IT - Eliminate burden on IT to create or change reports
- Seamless deployment - Quick start single installation for Banner and Colleague users
No Staging Areas or Data Warehousing Needed
No data warehouse, data cube, server or a staging area necessary. Just streamlined access to your Banner and Colleague data.
Spreadsheet Server Provides a Safe and Secure Working Environment
Spreadsheet Server uses company level security from your Banner or Colleague ERP.
QueryDesigner is a tool in the Spreadsheet Server platform, which enables users to design and maintain queries over Banner or any other relational database. Interact to data with pre-built queries or customize specifically for your own use with the help of QueryDesigner.
Already Working With a Business Intelligence Tool?
Your existing BI tool or other application works side-by-side with Spreadsheet Server. In fact, 50% of Global Software Inc.’s clients in over 50 different countries use leading BI tools in sync with our Excel automation tools.
Spreadsheet Server is used by 4500+ customers all over the world...
|Windows 7 (32-bit)||Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)|
|Excel 2010 (32-bit)||Excel 2016 (32-bit or 64-bit)|
|Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1||Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1|
|Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office|
|Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010|
|Oracle EBS R11****||Oracle EBS R12****|
|JDE World*****||JDE EnterpriseOne 9*****|
|SAP R/3 Netweaver 7.0/ECC6***||SAP R3 Netweaver 7.0/ECC6***|
|IBM iSeries Access for Windows V7R1*||IBM iSeries Access for Windows V7R1 or higher|
|VPN Connection to the Database******||Nightly Backup of Data******|
- * if using the iSeries
- ** if using SAP classic ledgers (FI,CO,COOR,PCA)
- *** if using Spreadsheet Server QueryDesigner, NewGL, Designer GL's or custom Queries against SAP
- **** if using Oracle EBS
- ***** if using JD Edwards ERP
- ****** if using MRI cloud or MRI off-premise environments
Global SmartCache WRT (With Redis Technology)
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012.
- 4 Processor Cores (physical and/or logical)
- 4 GB free disk space
- 4 GB installed memory on 32-bit systems
- 6 GB installed memory on 64-bit systems
- If Redis is running on the same server, 2 GB of free memory on 32-bit systems and 4 GB free memory on 64-bit systems
For all ERPs based in cloud or off-premise environments, a VPN connection/tunnel to the database or a nightly, directly accessible backup of data is required to use Spreadsheet Server.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Spreadsheet Server require a Server?
No, there is no additional hardware required to implement Spreadsheet Server.
Will I need a data warehouse for Spreadsheet Server?
No, there is no data warehouse or additional hardware required.
Do I need training? How long is training?
Yes, if users are familiar with Excel, they will need minimal training to use Spreadsheet Server. No programming or query knowledge is necessary. Users simply utilize the standard Excel spreadsheet capabilities supplemented with simple cell formulas to gain access to their dynamic financial information.
Can I do reporting beyond the GL?
Yes, please inquire about our ad hoc capabilities and other components in our Excel Automation Roadmap (i.e. Enterprise Budgeting, etc).
Is this a Business Intelligence tool? What if I already have a BI tool?
Spreadsheet Server is a multi-faceted application it serves many causes and can address multiple reporting challenges both tactical in nature as well enterprise wide. If you already have a BI strategy in place then Spreadsheet Server provides that tactical compliment to the leading BI tools (i.e. Cognos, Business Objects, Hyperion, etc). In fact, over 83% of Global Software Inc.'s 5,000+ clients in 50 countries use Spreadsheet Server harmoniously with their existing BI solution. If your organization doesn’t have a conventional proprietary BI offering and doesn’t have the resource to purchase, implement, maintain a data warehouse/cubes, non-Excel-based solution, etc. or doesn’t see that as partof your grand reporting strategy then Spreadsheet Server can provide an economical quick time to deployment, intuitive interface (Excel-based) all while leveraging its Dynamic Spreadsheet Methodology (DSM) without staging areas and data warehousing across your organization’s enterprise.
Where do I find which versions of my ERP are supported?
We support most worldwide ERP systems, but you may contact us directly regarding your specific needs.
What is the difference between this tool and my current reporting strategy?
Every reporting environment is different, however most prospective users we encounter are either using a data warehouse that reflects yesterday's data, manually rekeying data or have an IT maintain the current reporting environment exclusively. With our application(s) users are empowered to be self-sufficient while accessing 'live' data in a secure environment.
I've invested significant time in my current reporting strategy, will I lose reports I have already created?
No, Spreadsheet Server is compatible with any Excel reports already developed.
Can Spreadsheet Server be used for CAFR Generation?
Absolutely. Spreadsheet Server completely automates the process of CAFR Generation.
Case Studies & Articles
View a listing of Technical Requirements for Spreadsheet Server for Banner and Colleague ERP by Ellucian.
View Frequently Asked Questions for Spreadsheet Server for Banner and Colleague ERP by Ellucian.