Spreadsheet Server for use with Infor
Infor's industry specific ERP software is known to be fully comprehensive with specialized functionality to allow efficient and intelligent work. Spreadsheet Server provides live access to that imperative Infor data from within Excel. Spreadsheet Server can be used with Infor ERP LX, A+, FMS (Infinium), System 21 Aurora, Syteline, XA (MAPICS), 10 ERP Discrete iEnterprise, LN (BAAN), Visual, and SmartStream.
Live Access to Your Infor ERP Data
Combine the power of Infor and the familiarity of Excel with Spreadsheet Server:
- Save time – Enjoy more timely report production and reporting tasks, as well as full drill-down capability within specific Infor modules
- No need to be an Excel expert - Write reports with ease with existing Excel talents
- Infor module access - Infor reporting in modules such as Financials, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, and more...
- Create any report - From making simple reports to creating the most dynamic dashboard views, difficulty building reports becomes a thing of the past
- Automate your work day – Automatically generate pre-formatted Excel reports in Word, PDF or HTML
- Reduce IT dependence - Eliminate the burden on IT or super-users to change or edit reports
- Faster CAFR - Significantly decrease time it takes to prepare your CAFR
- FRx Successor - An FRx transition solution for reporting from the GL or any other module
- User friendly - Quick start single installation for Infor users
Do I Need Staging Areas or Data Warehousing?
Spreadsheet Server does not require a data warehouse, data cube, server or a staging area. Just streamlined access to your Infor data.
Your Data is Secure with Us
Security is managed and administered in Spreadsheet Server. It allows security to be replicated to mimic the company level security defined in your Infor application.
QueryDesigner is a user friendly tool within Speadsheet Server which enables users to design and maintain queries over any relational database. These queries can be combined with pre-configured formulas in a single Excel spreadsheet.
The cloud-based QueryExchange™ gives customers the ability to select from pre-built queries and tailor them to meet their specific needs. Utilized in the QueryExchange™, the SmartPak™ feature is way to group pre-configured queries together. Searching by selecting a SmartPak™ gives users a quick and reliable way to access a group of dedicated pre-defined queries.
Already Working with a Business Intelligence Tool?
That is not a problem. Existing BI tool or other applications currently used works alongside Spreadsheet Server. Over 50% of our clients in over 50 different countries use leading BI tools with our excel automation tools.
Spreadsheet Server is used by 4500+ customers all over the world...
|Windows 7 (32-bit)||Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)|
|Excel 2010 (32-bit)||Excel 2016 (32-bit or 64-bit)|
|Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1||Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1|
|Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office|
|Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010|
|Oracle EBS R11****||Oracle EBS R12****|
|JDE World*****||JDE EnterpriseOne 9*****|
|SAP R/3 Netweaver 7.0/ECC6***||SAP R3 Netweaver 7.0/ECC6***|
|IBM iSeries Access for Windows V7R1*||IBM iSeries Access for Windows V7R1 or higher|
|VPN Connection to the Database******||Nightly Backup of Data******|
- * if using the iSeries
- ** if using SAP classic ledgers (FI,CO,COOR,PCA)
- *** if using Spreadsheet Server QueryDesigner, NewGL, Designer GL's or custom Queries against SAP
- **** if using Oracle EBS
- ***** if using JD Edwards ERP
- ****** if using MRI cloud or MRI off-premise environments
Global SmartCache WRT (With Redis Technology)
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012.
- 4 Processor Cores (physical and/or logical)
- 4 GB free disk space
- 4 GB installed memory on 32-bit systems
- 6 GB installed memory on 64-bit systems
- If Redis is running on the same server, 2 GB of free memory on 32-bit systems and 4 GB free memory on 64-bit systems
For all ERPs based in cloud or off-premise environments, a VPN connection/tunnel to the database or a nightly, directly accessible backup of data is required to use Spreadsheet Server.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Spreadsheet Server require a Server?
No, there is no additional hardware required to implement Spreadsheet Server.
Will I need a data warehouse for Spreadsheet Server?
No, there is no data warehouse or additional hardware required.
Do I need training? How long is training?
Yes, if users are familiar with Excel, they will need minimal training to use Spreadsheet Server. No programming or query knowledge is necessary. Users simply utilize the standard Excel spreadsheet capabilities supplemented with simple cell formulas to gain access to their dynamic financial information.
Can I do reporting beyond the GL?
Yes, please inquire about our ad hoc capabilities and other components in our Excel Automation Roadmap (i.e. Enterprise Budgeting, etc).
Is this a Business Intelligence tool? What if I already have a BI tool?
Spreadsheet Server is a multi-faceted application it serves many causes and can address multiple reporting challenges both tactical in nature as well enterprise wide. If you already have a BI strategy in place then Spreadsheet Server provides that tactical compliment to the leading BI tools (i.e. Cognos, Business Objects, Hyperion, etc). In fact, over 83% of Global Software Inc.'s 5,000+ clients in 50 countries use Spreadsheet Server harmoniously with their existing BI solution. If your organization doesn’t have a conventional proprietary BI offering and doesn’t have the resource to purchase, implement, maintain a data warehouse/cubes, non-Excel-based solution, etc. or doesn’t see that as partof your grand reporting strategy then Spreadsheet Server can provide an economical quick time to deployment, intuitive interface (Excel-based) all while leveraging its Dynamic Spreadsheet Methodology (DSM) without staging areas and data warehousing across your organization’s enterprise.
Where do I find which versions of my ERP are supported?
We support most worldwide ERP systems, but you may contact us directly regarding your specific needs.
What is the difference between this tool and my current reporting strategy?
Every reporting environment is different, however most prospective users we encounter are either using a data warehouse that reflects yesterday's data, manually rekeying data or have an IT maintain the current reporting environment exclusively. With our application(s) users are empowered to be self-sufficient while accessing 'live' data in a secure environment.
I've invested significant time in my current reporting strategy, will I lose reports I have already created?
No, Spreadsheet Server is compatible with any Excel reports already developed.
Can Spreadsheet Server be used for CAFR Generation?
Absolutely. Spreadsheet Server completely automates the process of CAFR Generation.
View a listing of Technical Requirements for Spreadsheet Server for use with Infor.
View Frequently Asked Questions for Spreadsheet Server for use with Infor.