Spreadsheet Server for use with MRI Software Reports
Live Financial Reporting, Property Management Data Analysis, and more for MRI Software Users
MRI Software has been offering innovative business management software to the property management industry for over 45 years. Spreadsheet Server works side-by-side with MRI Software as an intuitive Microsoft Excel Add-in for reporting.
Live Access to Your MRI Software Reporting Data Directly into Excel
Increase the speed and efficiency of your MRI property management reporting processes, such as rent roll, property performance and expense reports, and more:
- Gain your time back – Significantly reduce the time and personnel effort spent on real estate financial and operational reporting
- Use your Excel Skills - Leverage existing Excel knowledge when preparing reports
- Straightforward report creation - Spreadsheet Server’s user friendly interface allows anyone to generate attractive MRI Software reports
- Reports in any format - Automatically generate pre-formatted Excel reports in Word, PDF or HTML format
- Upgrade your visibility – Give yourself more time to analyze by eliminating downloading, re-keying and manual manipulation of MRI Software’s balance and transaction level data
- Free up IT - IT work is no longer needed to create or change MRI reports
- Seamless deployment - Quick-start, single installation for MRI Software users
No Staging Areas or Data Warehousing Needed
No need for any data warehouse or staging area with Spreadsheet Server’s Excel-based interface. The Spreadsheet Server platform requires less to provide more for your MRI reporting data.
Spreadsheet Server is Secure
Spreadsheet Server uses company security from your MRI Software. Users can only access what they have the right to.
QueryDesigner is a tool in the Spreadsheet Server platform that enables users to design and maintain queries over MRI Software or any other relational database. Take advantage of pre-built queries, or customize specifically for your own use, with the help of QueryDesigner.
Already have Business Intelligence?
Even if you are currently using a BI tool, Spreadsheet Server works hand-in-hand with it. There are over 50% of our current clients, in over 50 countries, using industry leading BI tools right next to our reporting tools.
Spreadsheet Server is used by 4500+ customers all over the world...
|Windows 7 (32-bit)||Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)|
|Excel 2010 (32-bit)||Excel 2016 (32-bit or 64-bit)|
|Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1||Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1|
|Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office|
|Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010|
|Oracle EBS R11****||Oracle EBS R12****|
|JDE World*****||JDE EnterpriseOne 9*****|
|SAP R/3 Netweaver 7.0/ECC6***||SAP R3 Netweaver 7.0/ECC6***|
|IBM iSeries Access for Windows V7R1*||IBM iSeries Access for Windows V7R1 or higher|
|VPN Connection to the Database******||Nightly Backup of Data******|
- * if using the iSeries
- ** if using SAP classic ledgers (FI,CO,COOR,PCA)
- *** if using Spreadsheet Server QueryDesigner, NewGL, Designer GL's or custom Queries against SAP
- **** if using Oracle EBS
- ***** if using JD Edwards ERP
- ****** if using MRI cloud or MRI off-premise environments
Global SmartCache WRT (With Redis Technology)
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012.
- 4 Processor Cores (physical and/or logical)
- 4 GB free disk space
- 4 GB installed memory on 32-bit systems
- 6 GB installed memory on 64-bit systems
- If Redis is running on the same server, 2 GB of free memory on 32-bit systems and 4 GB free memory on 64-bit systems
For all ERPs based in cloud or off-premise environments, a VPN connection/tunnel to the database or a nightly, directly accessible backup of data is required to use Spreadsheet Server.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Spreadsheet Server require a Server?
No, there is no additional hardware required to implement Spreadsheet Server.
Will I need a data warehouse for Spreadsheet Server?
No, there is no data warehouse or additional hardware required.
Do I need training? How long is training?
Yes, if users are familiar with Excel, they will need minimal training to use Spreadsheet Server. No programming or query knowledge is necessary. Users simply utilize the standard Excel spreadsheet capabilities supplemented with simple cell formulas to gain access to their dynamic financial information.
Can I do reporting beyond the GL?
Yes, please inquire about our ad hoc capabilities and other components in our Excel Automation Roadmap (i.e. Enterprise Budgeting, etc).
Is this a Business Intelligence tool? What if I already have a BI tool?
Spreadsheet Server is a multi-faceted application it serves many causes and can address multiple reporting challenges both tactical in nature as well enterprise wide. If you already have a BI strategy in place then Spreadsheet Server provides that tactical compliment to the leading BI tools (i.e. Cognos, Business Objects, Hyperion, etc). In fact, over 83% of Global Software Inc.'s 5,000+ clients in 50 countries use Spreadsheet Server harmoniously with their existing BI solution. If your organization doesn’t have a conventional proprietary BI offering and doesn’t have the resource to purchase, implement, maintain a data warehouse/cubes, non-Excel-based solution, etc. or doesn’t see that as partof your grand reporting strategy then Spreadsheet Server can provide an economical quick time to deployment, intuitive interface (Excel-based) all while leveraging its Dynamic Spreadsheet Methodology (DSM) without staging areas and data warehousing across your organization’s enterprise.
Where do I find which versions of my ERP are supported?
We support most worldwide ERP systems, but you may contact us directly regarding your specific needs.
What is the difference between this tool and my current reporting strategy?
Every reporting environment is different, however most prospective users we encounter are either using a data warehouse that reflects yesterday's data, manually rekeying data or have an IT maintain the current reporting environment exclusively. With our application(s) users are empowered to be self-sufficient while accessing 'live' data in a secure environment.
I've invested significant time in my current reporting strategy, will I lose reports I have already created?
No, Spreadsheet Server is compatible with any Excel reports already developed.
Can Spreadsheet Server be used for CAFR Generation?
Absolutely. Spreadsheet Server completely automates the process of CAFR Generation.
View a listing of Technical Requirements for Spreadsheet Server for use with MRI Software Reports.
View Frequently Asked Questions for Spreadsheet Server for use with MRI Software Reports.