Spreadsheet Server for Tyler Technologies Munis ERP
Financial Reporting Tool for Tyler Technologies' Munis ERP Software
Munis, by Tyler Technologies, is a top-of-the-line integrated ERP system specifically designed for the public sector to manage data within financials, revenues, citizen services and more. The Spreadsheet Server platform is a financial reporting tool that has the ability to optimize all operational reporting tasks. It is designed to access Munis ERP data right within Excel so that you can "Start in Excel, Stay in Excel."
Automated Live Access to Your Tyler Tech Munis ERP Data Directly in Excel
Accelerate reporting in all areas of the public sector, such as fixed asset depreciation, procurement and tracking of projects with Spreadsheet Server:
- Day to day efficiency – Significantly reduce the time spent on financial and operational reporting tasks like closing books and job billing
- Love Excel? – Leverage existing Excel skills when preparing reports
- Design any report – Spreadsheet Server allows users to create simple workbooks or dashboard views of Munis reporting data
- Make better business decisions – Replace downloading, re-keying and manual manipulation of Munis balance or transaction level data for a single, accuarate version of the truth
- Free up IT – Eliminate requirement for IT to create or change reports
- Narrative Reporting feature – Automatically generate pre-formatted Excel reports in Word, PDF or HTML format
- Stress-free CAFR preparation – Simplify preparation of your Comprehensive Annual Financial Report and create statements that are audit ready
- Seamless deployment – Quick-start single installation for Munis users
No Staging Areas or Data Warehousing Needed
There is no need for any data warehouse or staging area with Spreadsheet Server’s Excel-based interface. Our platform uses a direct link to your Tyler Tech Munis ERP financial reporting data.
Spreadsheet Server Provides a Safe and Secure Working Environment
Spreadsheet Server uses company level security from the Munis ERP. This means that users can only access data they already have rights to.
QueryDesigner is a tool in the Spreadsheet Server platform which enables users to design and maintain queries over Munis or any other relational database. Interact to data with pre-built queries, or customize specifically for your own use, with the help of QueryDesigner.
Have a Business Intelligence Tool?
Your existing BI tool works side-by-side with Spreadsheet Server. In fact, 50% of Global Software Inc.’s clients in over 50 different countries use leading BI tools along with our excel automation tools.
Spreadsheet Server is used by 4500+ customers all over the world...
|Windows 7 (32-bit)||Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)|
|Excel 2010 (32-bit)||Excel 2016 (32-bit or 64-bit)|
|Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1||Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1|
|Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office|
|Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010|
|Oracle EBS R11****||Oracle EBS R12****|
|JDE World*****||JDE EnterpriseOne 9*****|
|SAP R/3 Netweaver 7.0/ECC6***||SAP R3 Netweaver 7.0/ECC6***|
|IBM iSeries Access for Windows V7R1*||IBM iSeries Access for Windows V7R1 or higher|
|VPN Connection to the Database******||Nightly Backup of Data******|
- * if using the iSeries
- ** if using SAP classic ledgers (FI,CO,COOR,PCA)
- *** if using Spreadsheet Server QueryDesigner, NewGL, Designer GL's or custom Queries against SAP
- **** if using Oracle EBS
- ***** if using JD Edwards ERP
- ****** if using MRI cloud or MRI off-premise environments
Global SmartCache WRT (With Redis Technology)
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012.
- 4 Processor Cores (physical and/or logical)
- 4 GB free disk space
- 4 GB installed memory on 32-bit systems
- 6 GB installed memory on 64-bit systems
- If Redis is running on the same server, 2 GB of free memory on 32-bit systems and 4 GB free memory on 64-bit systems
For all ERPs based in cloud or off-premise environments, a VPN connection/tunnel to the database or a nightly, directly accessible backup of data is required to use Spreadsheet Server.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Spreadsheet Server require a Server?
No, there is no additional hardware required to implement Spreadsheet Server.
Will I need a data warehouse for Spreadsheet Server?
No, there is no data warehouse or additional hardware required.
Do I need training? How long is training?
Yes, if users are familiar with Excel, they will need minimal training to use Spreadsheet Server. No programming or query knowledge is necessary. Users simply utilize the standard Excel spreadsheet capabilities supplemented with simple cell formulas to gain access to their dynamic financial information.
Can I do reporting beyond the GL?
Yes, please inquire about our ad hoc capabilities and other components in our Excel Automation Roadmap (i.e. Enterprise Budgeting, etc).
Is this a Business Intelligence tool? What if I already have a BI tool?
Spreadsheet Server is a multi-faceted application it serves many causes and can address multiple reporting challenges both tactical in nature as well enterprise wide. If you already have a BI strategy in place then Spreadsheet Server provides that tactical compliment to the leading BI tools (i.e. Cognos, Business Objects, Hyperion, etc). In fact, over 83% of Global Software Inc.'s 5,000+ clients in 50 countries use Spreadsheet Server harmoniously with their existing BI solution. If your organization doesn’t have a conventional proprietary BI offering and doesn’t have the resource to purchase, implement, maintain a data warehouse/cubes, non-Excel-based solution, etc. or doesn’t see that as partof your grand reporting strategy then Spreadsheet Server can provide an economical quick time to deployment, intuitive interface (Excel-based) all while leveraging its Dynamic Spreadsheet Methodology (DSM) without staging areas and data warehousing across your organization’s enterprise.
Where do I find which versions of my ERP are supported?
We support most worldwide ERP systems, but you may contact us directly regarding your specific needs.
What is the difference between this tool and my current reporting strategy?
Every reporting environment is different, however most prospective users we encounter are either using a data warehouse that reflects yesterday's data, manually rekeying data or have an IT maintain the current reporting environment exclusively. With our application(s) users are empowered to be self-sufficient while accessing 'live' data in a secure environment.
I've invested significant time in my current reporting strategy, will I lose reports I have already created?
No, Spreadsheet Server is compatible with any Excel reports already developed.
Can Spreadsheet Server be used for CAFR Generation?
Absolutely. Spreadsheet Server completely automates the process of CAFR Generation.
View a listing of Technical Requirements for Spreadsheet Server for Tyler Technologies Munis ERP.
View Frequently Asked Questions for Spreadsheet Server for Tyler Technologies Munis ERP.