Spreadsheet Server for use with Sage
Automatically Get Real-Time Data From Your Sage ERP
Sage has a standing reputation of offering one of the best accounting software its industry has to offer today. Spreadsheet Server also has an outstanding reputation of providing dynamic reporting and analysis from supported Sage versions.
Live Data from Sage 100, 300 or 500 ERP Modules
Boost your reporting structure with Spreadsheet Server:
- You already understand Excel – Use existing Excel knowledge to write custom reports from Sage in minutes
- You need your data now - Automated Sage reporting right from within Microsoft Excel in modules such as Sage Financials, Resources, Purchasing, Project Management, Sales, Manufacturing, and more...
- Save time - Dramatically reduce number of days it takes to close your books and complete other reporting tasks
- Reduce the IT workload - Eliminate requirement for IT to create or change reports
- Creating reports is easy – From making simple to the most dynamic dashboard views, difficult reports become a thing of the past
- Narrative Reporting - Automatically generate pre-formatted Excel reports in Word, PDF or HTML format
- Automate Invoices - Automatically drill-down from GL to AP Sage invoice details
- Replace FRx - An FRx replacement solution for reporting from the GL or any other module
- Stress-free installation - Quick start single installation for Sage users
No Staging Area or Data Warehouse? Not a Problem
No data warehouse, data cube, server or a staging area. Just streamlined access to your Sage ERP data in an environment you are comfortable with.
Security is a Big Priority
Spreadsheet Server uses company level security as defined in your Sage ERP application.
A key component of the Spreadsheet Server platform is the QueryDesigner. The designer works as a translator of database queries into formulas that are used to create interactive dashboards within Excel. These queries can be modified within Excel so there is no need to build additional queries for different sets of data.
Already Working With a Business Intelligence Tool?
No Problem! Spreadsheet Server works alongside with any existing BI tool, such as Sage Intelligence, you are already using. Our application’s addition includes getting you your data now, when you need it the most.
Spreadsheet Server is used by 4500+ customers all over the world...
|Windows 7 (32-bit)||Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)|
|Excel 2010 (32-bit)||Excel 2016 (32-bit or 64-bit)|
|Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1||Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1|
|Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office|
|Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010|
|Oracle EBS R11****||Oracle EBS R12****|
|JDE World*****||JDE EnterpriseOne 9*****|
|SAP R/3 Netweaver 7.0/ECC6***||SAP R3 Netweaver 7.0/ECC6***|
|IBM iSeries Access for Windows V7R1*||IBM iSeries Access for Windows V7R1 or higher|
|VPN Connection to the Database******||Nightly Backup of Data******|
- * if using the iSeries
- ** if using SAP classic ledgers (FI,CO,COOR,PCA)
- *** if using Spreadsheet Server QueryDesigner, NewGL, Designer GL's or custom Queries against SAP
- **** if using Oracle EBS
- ***** if using JD Edwards ERP
- ****** if using MRI cloud or MRI off-premise environments
Global SmartCache WRT (With Redis Technology)
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012.
- 4 Processor Cores (physical and/or logical)
- 4 GB free disk space
- 4 GB installed memory on 32-bit systems
- 6 GB installed memory on 64-bit systems
- If Redis is running on the same server, 2 GB of free memory on 32-bit systems and 4 GB free memory on 64-bit systems
For all ERPs based in cloud or off-premise environments, a VPN connection/tunnel to the database or a nightly, directly accessible backup of data is required to use Spreadsheet Server.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Spreadsheet Server require a Server?
No, there is no additional hardware required to implement Spreadsheet Server.
Will I need a data warehouse for Spreadsheet Server?
No, there is no data warehouse or additional hardware required.
Do I need training? How long is training?
Yes, if users are familiar with Excel, they will need minimal training to use Spreadsheet Server. No programming or query knowledge is necessary. Users simply utilize the standard Excel spreadsheet capabilities supplemented with simple cell formulas to gain access to their dynamic financial information.
Can I do reporting beyond the GL?
Yes, please inquire about our ad hoc capabilities and other components in our Excel Automation Roadmap (i.e. Enterprise Budgeting, etc).
Is this a Business Intelligence tool? What if I already have a BI tool?
Spreadsheet Server is a multi-faceted application it serves many causes and can address multiple reporting challenges both tactical in nature as well enterprise wide. If you already have a BI strategy in place then Spreadsheet Server provides that tactical compliment to the leading BI tools (i.e. Cognos, Business Objects, Hyperion, etc). In fact, over 83% of Global Software Inc.'s 5,000+ clients in 50 countries use Spreadsheet Server harmoniously with their existing BI solution. If your organization doesn’t have a conventional proprietary BI offering and doesn’t have the resource to purchase, implement, maintain a data warehouse/cubes, non-Excel-based solution, etc. or doesn’t see that as partof your grand reporting strategy then Spreadsheet Server can provide an economical quick time to deployment, intuitive interface (Excel-based) all while leveraging its Dynamic Spreadsheet Methodology (DSM) without staging areas and data warehousing across your organization’s enterprise.
Where do I find which versions of my ERP are supported?
We support most worldwide ERP systems, but you may contact us directly regarding your specific needs.
What is the difference between this tool and my current reporting strategy?
Every reporting environment is different, however most prospective users we encounter are either using a data warehouse that reflects yesterday's data, manually rekeying data or have an IT maintain the current reporting environment exclusively. With our application(s) users are empowered to be self-sufficient while accessing 'live' data in a secure environment.
I've invested significant time in my current reporting strategy, will I lose reports I have already created?
No, Spreadsheet Server is compatible with any Excel reports already developed.
Can Spreadsheet Server be used for CAFR Generation?
Absolutely. Spreadsheet Server completely automates the process of CAFR Generation.
View a listing of Technical Requirements for Spreadsheet Server for use with Sage.
View Frequently Asked Questions for Spreadsheet Server for use with Sage.