Spreadsheet Server for use with SAP
Real-Time Excel FICO and Operational Reporting Data from SAP ERP
SAP is one of the world’s market-leading ERP systems that is trusted by over 50,000 customers within 25 different industries. Spreadsheet Server seamlessly integrates with the SAP ERP through its live access from within Excel.
Access data from any module within SAP
Streamline your reporting processes across FICO, Materials Management, Production Planning, Service, Sales and more, with Spreadsheet Server
- Get data when you need it most – Automated SAP reporting from within Microsoft Excel for faster report running
- More time to analyze data - Leverage the live connection to SAP to spend less time manipulating data and more time analyzing
- Leverage your Excel Skills - Use existing Excel knowledge and write reports from SAP within minutes- no need for a super user.
- Make better business decisions - Replace downloading, re-keying or manual manipulation of SAP balance or transaction level data with better insights into your business
- Narrative Reporting Feature – Automatically generate pre-formatted Excel reports in Word, PDF or HTML format
- Reduce IT dependence - Eliminate the burden on IT or super-users to change or edit reports
- Drill-down to details - Automatically drill-down to invoice level views
- Create any report with ease - From simple workbooks to dynamic dashboard views from SAP
- A seamless implementation - A tool that enables this integration should be able to be deployed in hours and days instead of weeks and months
No Data Warehouse Needed
No staging area. No server requirement. No data cubes, business or data warehouse needed to run Spreadsheet Server with the SAP ERP.
Design Any Query
Using Spreadsheet Server formulas and adhering to the permissions of the SAP user, SAP Queries can be initiated from Excel and the results displayed in real time directly in your spreadsheets. QueryDesigner allows users to create dashboard views from any transactional database or any SAP ERP application to be accessed, automated and presented with our formula driven methodology.
Queries in the Cloud
The cloud-based QueryExchange™ gives customers the ability to select from pre-built queries and tailor them to meet their specific needs. Utilized in the QueryExchange™, the SmartPak™ feature is way to group pre-configured queries together. Searching by selecting a SmartPak™ gives users a quick and reliable way to access a group of dedicated pre-defined queries.
What about HANA
Spreadsheet Server is certified with the most currently released version of HANA.
What if I already have a Business Intelligence Tool?
Spreadsheet Server is a perfect complement to your existing BusinessObjects (BOBJ) and other BI tools.
Spreadsheet Server is used by 4500+ customers all over the world...
|Windows 7 (32-bit)||Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)|
|Excel 2010 (32-bit)||Excel 2016 (32-bit or 64-bit)|
|Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1||Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1|
|Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office|
|Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010|
|Oracle EBS R11****||Oracle EBS R12****|
|JDE World*****||JDE EnterpriseOne 9*****|
|SAP R/3 Netweaver 7.0/ECC6***||SAP R3 Netweaver 7.0/ECC6***|
|IBM iSeries Access for Windows V7R1*||IBM iSeries Access for Windows V7R1 or higher|
|VPN Connection to the Database******||Nightly Backup of Data******|
- * if using the iSeries
- ** if using SAP classic ledgers (FI,CO,COOR,PCA)
- *** if using Spreadsheet Server QueryDesigner, NewGL, Designer GL's or custom Queries against SAP
- **** if using Oracle EBS
- ***** if using JD Edwards ERP
- ****** if using MRI cloud or MRI off-premise environments
Global SmartCache WRT (With Redis Technology)
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012.
- 4 Processor Cores (physical and/or logical)
- 4 GB free disk space
- 4 GB installed memory on 32-bit systems
- 6 GB installed memory on 64-bit systems
- If Redis is running on the same server, 2 GB of free memory on 32-bit systems and 4 GB free memory on 64-bit systems
For all ERPs based in cloud or off-premise environments, a VPN connection/tunnel to the database or a nightly, directly accessible backup of data is required to use Spreadsheet Server.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Spreadsheet Server require a Server?
No, there is no additional hardware required to implement Spreadsheet Server.
Will I need a data warehouse for Spreadsheet Server?
No, there is no data warehouse or additional hardware required.
Do I need training? How long is training?
Yes, if users are familiar with Excel, they will need minimal training to use Spreadsheet Server. No programming or query knowledge is necessary. Users simply utilize the standard Excel spreadsheet capabilities supplemented with simple cell formulas to gain access to their dynamic financial information.
Can I do reporting beyond the GL?
Yes, please inquire about our ad hoc capabilities and other components in our Excel Automation Roadmap (i.e. Enterprise Budgeting, etc).
Is this a Business Intelligence tool? What if I already have a BI tool?
Spreadsheet Server is a multi-faceted application it serves many causes and can address multiple reporting challenges both tactical in nature as well enterprise wide. If you already have a BI strategy in place then Spreadsheet Server provides that tactical compliment to the leading BI tools (i.e. Cognos, Business Objects, Hyperion, etc). In fact, over 83% of Global Software Inc.'s 5,000+ clients in 50 countries use Spreadsheet Server harmoniously with their existing BI solution. If your organization doesn’t have a conventional proprietary BI offering and doesn’t have the resource to purchase, implement, maintain a data warehouse/cubes, non-Excel-based solution, etc. or doesn’t see that as partof your grand reporting strategy then Spreadsheet Server can provide an economical quick time to deployment, intuitive interface (Excel-based) all while leveraging its Dynamic Spreadsheet Methodology (DSM) without staging areas and data warehousing across your organization’s enterprise.
Where do I find which versions of my ERP are supported?
We support most worldwide ERP systems, but you may contact us directly regarding your specific needs.
What is the difference between this tool and my current reporting strategy?
Every reporting environment is different, however most prospective users we encounter are either using a data warehouse that reflects yesterday's data, manually rekeying data or have an IT maintain the current reporting environment exclusively. With our application(s) users are empowered to be self-sufficient while accessing 'live' data in a secure environment.
I've invested significant time in my current reporting strategy, will I lose reports I have already created?
No, Spreadsheet Server is compatible with any Excel reports already developed.
Can Spreadsheet Server be used for CAFR Generation?
Absolutely. Spreadsheet Server completely automates the process of CAFR Generation.
View a listing of Technical Requirements for Spreadsheet Server for use with SAP.
View Frequently Asked Questions for Spreadsheet Server for use with SAP.