Spreadsheet Server for use with Open System's Traverse ERP
Real-Time Accounting Software Reporting Tool for Open System's Traverse ERP
The Traverse ERP Software, by Open Systems Inc., is a versatile business management solution. Spreadsheet Server complements Traverse by providing dynamic access to ERP data within Microsoft Excel.
Your Traverse ERP Data Accessed Live Within Excel
Greatly enhance your Traverse ERP reporting structure in areas such as accounting, distribution, manufacturing, point of sale, and more, with Spreadsheet Server.
- Leverage Excel skills - Employ existing knowledge to prepare your Traverse reporting
- Save effort and increase productivity - Drastically reduce the amount of time and energy required to close books and complete other reporting tasks
- More time to be proactive - No downloading, re-keying or manual manipulation of Open Systems Traverse data means there is more time to actually use the reports
- Design any report - Spreadsheet Server allows users complete design control of simple workbooks and dashboard views of Traverse data
- Automate your workflow - Instantly generate pre-formatted Excel reports in Word, PDF or HTML formats
- Give IT a break - Eliminate burden on IT to create or change reports
- Painless deployment - Quick-start single installation for Open Systems Traverse ERP users
No Staging Areas or Data Warehousing Required
Spreadsheet Server does not require a data warehouse, data cube, server or a staging area. Access to your Traverse data is direct and streamlined.
Spreadsheet Server is Secure
Spreadsheet Server uses company level security from your Open Systems Traverse ERP.
With the QueryDesigner tool, users can employ pre-built queries, or generate their own, for use within Excel. The designer works within any relational database to bring live data into Excel.
What if I already have a Business Intelligence Tool?
If you are already using a BI tool, that’s alright with us. Spreadsheet Server works seamlessly side-by-side with any other application, such as Traverse Analytics.
Spreadsheet Server is used by 4500+ customers all over the world...
|Windows 7 (32-bit)||Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)|
|Excel 2010 (32-bit)||Excel 2016 (32-bit or 64-bit)|
|Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1||Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1|
|Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office|
|Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010|
|Oracle EBS R11****||Oracle EBS R12****|
|JDE World*****||JDE EnterpriseOne 9*****|
|SAP R/3 Netweaver 7.0/ECC6***||SAP R3 Netweaver 7.0/ECC6***|
|IBM iSeries Access for Windows V7R1*||IBM iSeries Access for Windows V7R1 or higher|
|VPN Connection to the Database******||Nightly Backup of Data******|
- * if using the iSeries
- ** if using SAP classic ledgers (FI,CO,COOR,PCA)
- *** if using Spreadsheet Server QueryDesigner, NewGL, Designer GL's or custom Queries against SAP
- **** if using Oracle EBS
- ***** if using JD Edwards ERP
- ****** if using MRI cloud or MRI off-premise environments
Global SmartCache WRT (With Redis Technology)
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012.
- 4 Processor Cores (physical and/or logical)
- 4 GB free disk space
- 4 GB installed memory on 32-bit systems
- 6 GB installed memory on 64-bit systems
- If Redis is running on the same server, 2 GB of free memory on 32-bit systems and 4 GB free memory on 64-bit systems
For all ERPs based in cloud or off-premise environments, a VPN connection/tunnel to the database or a nightly, directly accessible backup of data is required to use Spreadsheet Server.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Spreadsheet Server require a Server?
No, there is no additional hardware required to implement Spreadsheet Server.
Will I need a data warehouse for Spreadsheet Server?
No, there is no data warehouse or additional hardware required.
Do I need training? How long is training?
Yes, if users are familiar with Excel, they will need minimal training to use Spreadsheet Server. No programming or query knowledge is necessary. Users simply utilize the standard Excel spreadsheet capabilities supplemented with simple cell formulas to gain access to their dynamic financial information.
Can I do reporting beyond the GL?
Yes, please inquire about our ad hoc capabilities and other components in our Excel Automation Roadmap (i.e. Enterprise Budgeting, etc).
Is this a Business Intelligence tool? What if I already have a BI tool?
Spreadsheet Server is a multi-faceted application it serves many causes and can address multiple reporting challenges both tactical in nature as well enterprise wide. If you already have a BI strategy in place then Spreadsheet Server provides that tactical compliment to the leading BI tools (i.e. Cognos, Business Objects, Hyperion, etc). In fact, over 83% of Global Software Inc.'s 5,000+ clients in 50 countries use Spreadsheet Server harmoniously with their existing BI solution. If your organization doesn’t have a conventional proprietary BI offering and doesn’t have the resource to purchase, implement, maintain a data warehouse/cubes, non-Excel-based solution, etc. or doesn’t see that as partof your grand reporting strategy then Spreadsheet Server can provide an economical quick time to deployment, intuitive interface (Excel-based) all while leveraging its Dynamic Spreadsheet Methodology (DSM) without staging areas and data warehousing across your organization’s enterprise.
Where do I find which versions of my ERP are supported?
We support most worldwide ERP systems, but you may contact us directly regarding your specific needs.
What is the difference between this tool and my current reporting strategy?
Every reporting environment is different, however most prospective users we encounter are either using a data warehouse that reflects yesterday's data, manually rekeying data or have an IT maintain the current reporting environment exclusively. With our application(s) users are empowered to be self-sufficient while accessing 'live' data in a secure environment.
I've invested significant time in my current reporting strategy, will I lose reports I have already created?
No, Spreadsheet Server is compatible with any Excel reports already developed.
Can Spreadsheet Server be used for CAFR Generation?
Absolutely. Spreadsheet Server completely automates the process of CAFR Generation.
View a listing of Technical Requirements for Spreadsheet Server for use with Open System's Traverse ERP.
View Frequently Asked Questions for Spreadsheet Server for use with Open System's Traverse ERP.