Spreadsheet Server for use with Viewpoint Vista Construction ERP
Get Real-time Vista Data From Viewpoint Vista
Viewpoint continues to be a leading ERP for the construction industry. It provides the proper tools required to erect a sturdy frame of support for your team, and Spreadsheet Server provides the finishing touches by allowing users to access live Viewpoint Vista reporting data in Excel.
Enhance your Viewpoint Reporting in Excel with Spreadsheet Server
Build up your reporting processes across Accounting/HR, Project Management, Project Collaboration, Mobile, Estimating, Content Management and Service Management:
- Get the data you need in the environment you love – Automated Viewpoint reporting from within Microsoft Excel, allows you to leverage existing knowledge and prepare Viewpoint reports faster than ever
- Gain valuable time back - Spend less time copying and pasting and more time analyzing with faster report running and full drill-down capability
- Drill into data - Automatically drill-down to Viewpoint invoice details
- Empower your users - Eliminate requirement for IT to create or change financial or operational reports
- Become a report master – Publish any report with executive quality with fully customizable Viewpoint ad hoc reports
- Faster consolidations - Run reports across all companies without having to "switch" companies
- Seamless installation - Deploy in minutes or hours instead of days and weeks
No Staging Area or Data Warehouse Required
Spreadsheet Server does not require a data warehouse, data cube, server or a staging area. Just streamlined access to your Viewpoint Vista data.
With Spreadsheet Server, Your Data is Safe
Spreadsheet Server is a Viewpoint Development Partner. User access is based on company level security, so users cannot access data they shouldn’t.
Design any Query
Using Spreadsheet Server formulas and adhering to the permissions of the Viewpoint user, Viewpoint Queries can be initiated from Excel and the results displayed in real time directly in your spreadsheets.
Are You Already Using a Business Intelligence Tool?
Spreadsheet Server works hand-in-hand with any existing BI Tool you may already be working with. Spreadsheet Server leverages a live connection to your data instead of a warehouse to get you your data when you need it the most and all within Microsoft Excel.
Spreadsheet Server is used by 4500+ customers all over the world...
|Windows 7 (32-bit)||Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)|
|Excel 2010 (32-bit)||Excel 2016 (32-bit or 64-bit)|
|Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1||Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1|
|Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office|
|Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010|
|Oracle EBS R11****||Oracle EBS R12****|
|JDE World*****||JDE EnterpriseOne 9*****|
|SAP R/3 Netweaver 7.0/ECC6***||SAP R3 Netweaver 7.0/ECC6***|
|IBM iSeries Access for Windows V7R1*||IBM iSeries Access for Windows V7R1 or higher|
|VPN Connection to the Database******||Nightly Backup of Data******|
- * if using the iSeries
- ** if using SAP classic ledgers (FI,CO,COOR,PCA)
- *** if using Spreadsheet Server QueryDesigner, NewGL, Designer GL's or custom Queries against SAP
- **** if using Oracle EBS
- ***** if using JD Edwards ERP
- ****** if using MRI cloud or MRI off-premise environments
Global SmartCache WRT (With Redis Technology)
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012.
- 4 Processor Cores (physical and/or logical)
- 4 GB free disk space
- 4 GB installed memory on 32-bit systems
- 6 GB installed memory on 64-bit systems
- If Redis is running on the same server, 2 GB of free memory on 32-bit systems and 4 GB free memory on 64-bit systems
For all ERPs based in cloud or off-premise environments, a VPN connection/tunnel to the database or a nightly, directly accessible backup of data is required to use Spreadsheet Server.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Spreadsheet Server require a Server?
No, there is no additional hardware required to implement Spreadsheet Server.
Will I need a data warehouse for Spreadsheet Server?
No, there is no data warehouse or additional hardware required.
Do I need training? How long is training?
Yes, if users are familiar with Excel, they will need minimal training to use Spreadsheet Server. No programming or query knowledge is necessary. Users simply utilize the standard Excel spreadsheet capabilities supplemented with simple cell formulas to gain access to their dynamic financial information.
Can I do reporting beyond the GL?
Yes, please inquire about our ad hoc capabilities and other components in our Excel Automation Roadmap (i.e. Enterprise Budgeting, etc).
Is this a Business Intelligence tool? What if I already have a BI tool?
Spreadsheet Server is a multi-faceted application it serves many causes and can address multiple reporting challenges both tactical in nature as well enterprise wide. If you already have a BI strategy in place then Spreadsheet Server provides that tactical compliment to the leading BI tools (i.e. Cognos, Business Objects, Hyperion, etc). In fact, over 83% of Global Software Inc.'s 5,000+ clients in 50 countries use Spreadsheet Server harmoniously with their existing BI solution. If your organization doesn’t have a conventional proprietary BI offering and doesn’t have the resource to purchase, implement, maintain a data warehouse/cubes, non-Excel-based solution, etc. or doesn’t see that as partof your grand reporting strategy then Spreadsheet Server can provide an economical quick time to deployment, intuitive interface (Excel-based) all while leveraging its Dynamic Spreadsheet Methodology (DSM) without staging areas and data warehousing across your organization’s enterprise.
Where do I find which versions of my ERP are supported?
We support most worldwide ERP systems, but you may contact us directly regarding your specific needs.
What is the difference between this tool and my current reporting strategy?
Every reporting environment is different, however most prospective users we encounter are either using a data warehouse that reflects yesterday's data, manually rekeying data or have an IT maintain the current reporting environment exclusively. With our application(s) users are empowered to be self-sufficient while accessing 'live' data in a secure environment.
I've invested significant time in my current reporting strategy, will I lose reports I have already created?
No, Spreadsheet Server is compatible with any Excel reports already developed.
Can Spreadsheet Server be used for CAFR Generation?
Absolutely. Spreadsheet Server completely automates the process of CAFR Generation.
View a listing of Technical Requirements for Spreadsheet Server for use with Viewpoint Vista Construction ERP.
View Frequently Asked Questions for Spreadsheet Server for use with Viewpoint Vista Construction ERP.